At Marhaba we are great advocates of the Mediterranean diet. Our menu is in fact the result of a perfect blend of Arab cooking with the culinary art of the countries lying beside that sea we love so fondly. Our dishes stand out for their tasty flavours, the quality of their ingredients and the painstaking presentation, but also because they involve the many properties of a style of cooking that is well-known all over the world, the Mediterranean diet, one of the most complete, balanced and healthy ways to eat. These are just ten of its many benefits:
- It reduces the rate of cardiovascular and degenerative diseases.
- It prevents obesity.
- It helps to fight cholesterol.
- It improves life expectancy.
- It provides suitable beneficial fats.
- It is rich in natural antioxidants and fibre.
- It helps to counter diabetes.
- It fosters mind cultivation and renewal, improving the memory.
- It reduces the risk of undergoing bone fractures.
- And it is also beneficial for the environment. According to one study, if consumption in Spain were always to go by the patterns of the Mediterranean diet, greenhouse gas emissions resulting from food production would drop by 72%.
We believe that it is possible to take care of our health by means of a proper diet, without having to relinquish any enjoyment at the table. As was already mentioned in our blog, at Marhaba we are advocates of the table and all its trappings, but also the pleasure of the moment